Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Final Part 2: Rough Prints Pre-Editing

These are rough prints that I've made for my final project.  This is before editing.  These are all 8x10" prints, but the final prints will be 16x20" and there will only be one print of each set up (each person or couple).  The previous post, of my Emulating Style Project, will be included in the project, but again they will be edited and changed.  Because of how I shot the project, I have a ton of choices.  

Here a bit from my project's proposal.  As always, this can always change.  

My final this semester is coming out of the emulating style project.  I emulated Richard Avedon and in doing so, found a pattern amongst my subjects.  They all can really be funny and can really laugh.  I guess I’ve never thought about how my life revolves around laughter, but it really does.  In looking at the images of my family and close friends who have now become my family, I realized that laughter is what holds us all together.  Coming to the end of a really rough year, I think that laughter is what got me through it; otherwise I probably wouldn’t be able to function.  I believe that laughter is the ultimate medicine, knowing that it has helped me heal after hard times.  In this project, I am showing you my medicine: the people who make it better doing what makes it better.